Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Greatful Heart

Okay..so this past week has been a tough one of discipline with Isaac and Elliot is cutting more teeth so he's been quite fussy as well. Last night I had reached the end of my emotional rope. We had gone to the EK football game with our neighbors and most of the game went pretty well considering Elliot was up way past his bed time. We did have a rough start to teh night before we left (with Isaac) but at the game he seemed to listen a little better. We left the game after halftime to head back to our neighbors. Well, Isaac decided he was going to test us once again at bedtime. I'll spare you all the details but it ended with Isaac and I crying together in the bed where he was going to sleep. I think I was just tired and done for the week. We persisted and he finally fell asleep. I went back down stairs and just cried. At least I was amongst great friends who just listened and understood. There are just tough days or weeks sometimes.

So today with Isaac has been so wonderful. It feels like a 180 degree turnaround. So here I am cleaning and over walks my neighbor. She hands me a card and flowers. I am so amazed at the friends God has brought into our lives. She was so sweet to think of me in this way and just encourage me to "keep it up!"....our work will pay off. I love my friends! Thanks Melissa! You are so thoughtful! I'm blessed to have you in my life!!

3 comments:

Jacki said...

Very cool Kelly that you have such great friend! Hang in there with Issac! I sometimes don't know how to handle Katelyn and she is only 18 months! I pray often the for patience and the ability to know how to work with her! We will just wait and see how it goes with her! I wish you a better week!

The Conklin Family said...

I am proud of you! I love you!

BAHowells said...

Good friends are a true blessing- I'm glad you have some too!