Friday, February 24, 2012

Our Christmas with the kids!

So it has been our tradition to celebrate our Christmas with the kids when we cut down our tree. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day can be very busy and Jon and I felt it was important early on to carve out a day just for us as a family! The kids love it. Every year they remember more and more of the traditions and this year it felt like they really looked forward to all of it!  

Here we are first thing in the morning opening gifts.  The kids got a little help from Grandparents this year and surprised us with Gifts from them! they went shopping at Grandma & Grandpa's house one night (all a surprise to us) and they each could pick out one gift for each of us from them!  They couldn't wait to have us open them! How sweet!!!  Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!

 Here they are waiting patiently for their gifts!
 A little excited about his DS.
 Now we have another one upset he got one and she didn't...
 Now she's happy...she did get one..we just had to keep her on her toes first!  
 Little man with his new helmet!
 Off to cut down the tree!
 Riding out. 
This year was interesting. I sprained my ankle really bad a few days before we were supposed to go, but I didn't want to miss out on our tradition. So I wrapped my foot up in plastic and headed out with them.  Jon was a little worried I'd fall again...but I made it through it all right! 
 Sitting by the fire with my foot up while they did all the work!





 Hot Cocoa!!!

 Decorating the tree...

 She's getting a little big to lift to put the angel on!
Telling the story of Jesus' birth and setting up the manger.


 Family picture with our new Jami's!

 I so love this day! So many great memories with the kids!

0 comments: